Water Is Life
(Click on picture to view video)
The first rough cut video for the Aquatic Science Education Guides is available for viewing and comment. Each chapter of the Aquatic Education Guides will have a specially produced video enhancement that ties to the student textbook and to the teacher’s guide.
This initial video is for Chapter 1: Water is Life
Videos are produced by noted multimedia consultant and producer, Randall Maxwell.
Subsequent chapters will cover the following topics:
- Chapter 1: Water Is Life
- Chapter 2: The Ultimate Recyclable
- Chapter 3: What’s Your Watershed Address?
- Chapter 4: Living in the Water
- Chapter 5: From Sun to Sunfish
- Chapter 6: Texas’ Aquatic Ecosystems
- Chapter 7: Aquifers and Springs
- Chapter 8: Rivers and Streams
- Chapter 9: Lakes and Ponds
- Chapter 10: Wetlands
- Chapter 11: Bays and Estuaries
- Chapter 12: The Gulf of Mexico
- Chapter 13: Fishing for Conservation
- Chapter 14: Water for People and the Environment
* * *
Aquatic science education guides is a cooperative project sponsored by Texas Parks and Wildlife, The Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University and funding partner, the Ewing Halsell Foundation which supports the project H2O. H2O is an experiential, technology-enhanced education program focused on water, from headwaters to the ocean (http://www.water-texas.org)